The program FOMILENIO II included designing training programs for prioritised occupational careers in the sectors of construction, poultry, sugar, tourism and coffee, under the competence-oriented approach. The innovation here was that the programs are designed according to the explicit need of the productive sectors which are channeled through the sectorial committees.
The idea was to encourage and obtain an active and broad participation of relevant actors for each stage of work, because this is how the products are validated and in fact pay for the increase in worker’s productivity or augment the job market.
The FOMILENIO II program was financed by the United States government, through the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), and by the government of El Salvador.
- Knowledge management: technical and methodological advice, methodological transfer to sectorial committees.
- Presentation on experiences in standardisation and certification of competencies in Colombia.
- Experience interchange tour in Honduras with the construction sector to learn about the training and evaluation heavy equipment operators.
- Exchange tour in Colombia with the coffee sector to learn about the experience and level of development in relation to the training of people in the coffee sector and the coordination with the private sector.
- Acceptance of the designed curricula by the sectoral committees and the co-investment in equipment to provide training
Among the most important activities were:
- Review of the skills requirements for the jobs prioritised by the sectors (design and validation), in addition to the job profiles
- Design technical standards for work abilities for each prioritised job position
- Curricular mesh design of the training programs for each job with their respective module descriptors
- Design of training programs that include a practical training program for each job
- Sectoral committees of the construction, poultry, sugar, tourism and coffee sectors.
- Salvadoran Institute for Professional Training, INSAFORP