Swisscontact is an international development agency founded by the Swiss private sector, with over 43 years of experience in Indonesia. It has a track record for innovative, pragmatic approaches in vocational education and training, urban ecology and small and medium sized enterprise development. As an agency with its origins in the Swiss private sector, Swisscontact has a strong private sector orientation, in terms of culture, staff and working practices. Swisscontact is offering employment opportunities for the following position:
Swisscontact is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation. Represented in 36 countries with over 1100 employees, it promotes - since 1959 - economic, social and environmental development.
In Indonesia, Swisscontact is responding to a SECO tender, if successful, to implement the planned project “Renewable Energy Skills Development (RESD)”. We are looking for a:
Renewable Energy Expert
Employment start: 1 October 2020 (provided tender successful)
Contract duration: 2 years with option of renewal
Place of work: Jakarta, with frequent travel
- Support the development and implementation of formal renewable energy specialization programs in close cooperation with partner Polytechnics and the private sector.
- Support the development and implementation of a series of modular, non-formal renewable energy specialization training programs.
- Foster knowledge and information exchange as well as awareness raising in the renewable energy sector between various stakeholders
- Coordinating with the partner institutions planning, monitoring and reporting of assigned interventions.
- Guiding and supervising assigned project team members
- Supporting the general administration, particularly in terms of human resources management and development
- Maintain external relations with partner institutions, public relations, media, as well as external and internal communication
- Experience in the conceptualization, installation, operation, and maintenance of renewable energy technology - especially on solar and hydro - in Indonesia and beyond
- Know-how of the private and public market as well as the demand for skills in the sector
- Degree and professional international experience in a technical field (preferably related to renewable energy)
- Strong management skills and proven experience in managing participatory processes
- Well established capacity to establish and execute plans with various partners as well as to monitor and evaluate results
- Good budgeting, accounting, and reporting skills to assure financial and administrative smooth-running of the project
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to apply them in a specific cultural context
- Ability to liaise with various stakeholders from private and public sector
- Good communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel frequently to the poly locations
We offer you a challenging scope of duties with personal responsibility. Are you interested in a fascinating job and contributing to bringing about lasting changes? Applications (in English) should be directed until June 15th 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org or https://recruitment.swisscontact.or.id
Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland. With 86 million in annual turnover in 2016, Swisscontact is now implementing more than 100 projects in 34 countries with more than 1,200 staff. Swisscontact has been active in Indonesia for the past 45 years.
The Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) was initiated in 2012 and is currently the largest Public Private Partnership development program of its kind in Indonesia. It is funded by the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) and collaborates with nine local and multinational cocoa and chocolate companies. The program facilitates capacity-building measures for 165,000 smallholder cocoa farmers in 57 selected districts across 11 cocoa producing provinces. The USD 60 million program is in the progress completing three of the four overlapping phases from its 2010 to 2020 timeline. The overall objectives are to increase the farmer household income from cocoa by 75% and reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the cocoa sector by 30%. The Program facilitates and implements specific activities in the social, economic and environmental dimensions.
SCPP is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Based in Jakarta, DKI Jakarta (Job Code: ADV.000051)
- The intern will be assigned tasks and assignments that will contribute to the work of the MRM unit at the Swisscontact Jakarta Office
- The assignment is expected to start as soon as possible. The earliest start date is by April 2020.
- Full-time internship for 2 months duration. Part-time commitment is also welcome for longer duration of internship.
Task, Authority & Responsibility
The intern will work on the following assignments but not limited to:
- Conduct desk research on commodity sector issues such as sustainable commodities, agroforestry, etc.
- Support SCPP result measurement team in conducting data analysis of cocoa farmers agriculture practices and environmental practices, livelihood, and other data as required by the team.
- Present data analysis result and other desk research to SCPP team
- We encourage the final year (or looking for thesis research project) of an undergraduate/graduate student to experience working in an International Non-government Organization.
- We are looking for university degree in in Agriculture, Forestry, or Environmental Management, but also other Social Science with background in rural development and majoring in Economics, Finance, Business Management are.
- Knowledge and understanding of agriculture sector issues, particularly on agroforestry, crop diversification or landscape management.
- Experience in quantitative data analysis in using STATA, R-plus and/or Advance Excel are desirable.
- Working experience in PowerBI and other data visualization are an asset including advance use Power Points or other presentation application.
- Proven strong academic track record.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and ability to work in a team.
Please visit https://recruitment.swisscontact.or.id for further application submission
Please send your application by 10 April 2020, however we are continuing shortlist and conducting interviews for the right candidate before the deadline.
Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland.
Swisscontact is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Program Officer Management Support (POMS)
Based in Sulawesi Selatan
The Program Officer Management Support will focus on the technical assistance for the establishment and strengthening of the Community College:
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
Management Systems and Processes:
- Conduct the activities to strengthen the school managerial processes:
- Educational management systems (e.g. strategic planning, accreditation, academic services, research and community services, capacity building, technical and administrative tasks, tracer study)
- Establishment of an industry network in the Academy Vocational-region
- Internship management
- Job placement
- Knowledge and technology transfer
- Regular events between the Academy Vocational and local industry
- School management and leadership experience
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in Vocational Education and Training institutions (VET)
- Experience in processes such as accreditation, curriculum development, teacher training, research and community services, public-private cooperation, strategic planning
- Knowledge about the Indonesian Academy Vocational/Community College and Technical and Vocational Education and Training system development
- Communication skills in English
- Desirable: Degree/working in a technical sector (metal, industrial manufacturing)
This vacancy is for Indonesian citizen only
Please visit https://recruitment.swisscontact.or.id for further application submission.
Please send your application by 30 June 2020, however we are continuing shortlist and conducting interviews for the right candidate before the deadline.